With the meteoric rise in popularity of Young Adult novels like Twilight, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and Divergent, teens everywhere may be feeling especially empowered in their general awesomeness. The question then becomes easy to ask: What would that look like in the real world?
1. Teenagers are the only ones that can save the world, because let’s face it, they are the only hope we have.
2. Parents/ Adults are either nonexistant/not really around/or more than likely: THE ENEMY. If you’ve read these books, you’ll probably notice that the adults in the novels are either completely clueless in what is going on; they may be conveniently away on some form of business and therefore can give our teen heroes some level of autonomy; They are also the enemy. Take the lovely Kate Winslet playing Jeanine Matthews, an overall baddie.
3. A side effect of number 2: the government is oppressive and trying to take away individuality and freedom. President Snow, Jeanine Matthews, Society in general, they’re up to no good!
4. “It’s Complicated” would be everyone’s relationship status. Let’s face it, sometimes a girl just can’t decide which cutie to love.
5. We are not alone people! There are werewolves, vampires, aliens, etc. among us just hiding in society as extremely good look people. Beware the pretty ones!