While great leading characters are all well and good, it’s usually the scene stealing supporting cast that you really love. It’s okay to admit it, because they’re our favorite too. The best kind is the sassy butler and/or help in the show or movie. Sometimes they had dreams of being so much more than just the butler and show that feeling of disappointment through that sass, some are good at their job and are just born that way, but in the end, we love them all.
Here are some of our favorites in no particular order and really, because we just can’t choose a favorite.
1. Niles from The Nanny: His love/hate relationship with C.C. was pure comedic fodder and he delivers some of the best one liners to date.
2. Geoffrey Butler from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air: He bemoaned his fate that seemed to be all but destined from birth, but made sure to keep everyone on their feet
And put them in their place.
3. Kato from The Green Hornet: So technically he in the show he was the valet and in the movie was was the mechanic, but his sass just won’t be denied because he has his priorities straight. The Gas Gun is ALWAYS first.
4. Carson from Downton Abbey: This man takes his job very seriously and we would not have it any other way.
You can’t really argue with that logic.
5. Agador Spartacus from The Birdcage: He took care of his boys and made sure that the house always calm. You can’t really ask for much more.
6. Alfred Thaddeus Crane Pennywort from The Batman: This guy not only has impeccable taste in high brow culture
He is also not afraid to tell Batman how it really is, as only a best friend can.
And then there’s always this graph that pretty much speaks for itself…